Thursday, January 7, 2010

Project 365 - 01/07/09 (Sherlock Holmes)

Today's picture is of our favorite movie theater. Glen and I went to see Sherlock Holmes today. After a week of agonizing pain from my hip and back, I was a bit nervous to see if I could actually sit through a movie. However, we found seats where I could stretch out my left leg when it was painful. I also made sure I had medication with me, just in case. It all worked out lovely and we were able to see the movie in relative comfort (those lovely new movie seats definitely helped as well)

(Warning: Spoilers Ahead)
Sherlock Holmes was an incredible movie. Now, mind you, I might be a little biased as I love Sherlock Holmes (the character and the book) and Robert Downey Jr.

I thoroughly enjoyed the romp that was the movie, there was hardly a moment to take a breath through the whole film. The addition of Rachel McAdams character was a stroke of genius and a fabulous foil/love interest for Sherlock. The introduction of magic had me a bit scared at first, fearing that they were veering too far off course but, as always, Holmes explains it all. Most of it was fairly easy to figure out but was amazing nonetheless. The action scenes were magnificent, all the acting was quite phenomenal, and Robert Downey Jr. shirtless was a lovely sight. Ahem, back to the movie...The plot was simple but yet complex as well, just as a good action film should be. Don't be fooled, this is not a cerebral movie, it is an action movie and should be enjoyed as such. What surprised me the most was the absolute beauty of the scenery. They didn't "Disney" it and make it all clean, the scenes were gritty and the people dirty (those that weren't rich, that is). Overall, it was just a really enjoyable film and they definitely set it up for future movies with the introduction of Moriarty...and I can't wait!

No comments: