I'm trying to get my blogger up and running again and start spending some time each day writing. This is to push me forward so that I can start writing my new book. It's going to be an Earth Science assistance book aimed at bringing girls into science. I'll be doing LOTS of research and lots of stories within the book to illustrate certain concepts or help with mnemonics. So, to get writing each night I had my friend send me a list of ideas for blog posts and I'm going to try to do one each day. Wish me luck.
Today - Tuesday, July 3, 2012
List 10 random facts about yourself.
1. My name comes from the French cooking term to cut things in narrow strips. My Mom got it off of a Better Crocker Julienne Potatoes ad.
2. I am bat shit terrified of people in The Scream masks.
3. I have visited 45 states and Iceland in my life and plan to get to the other 5 states and other countries in the future.
4. I just finished my Masters of Arts in Science Education along with my teaching credential in science education grades 6-12.
5. My husband and I help care for his Mom who is 78. We previously cared for my Grandma until her death.
6. I currently work as an administrative coordinator for a real estate agent. I do all the paperwork and handle all the marketing, including social marketing. I am VERY busy when I'm at work.
7. I'm currently terribly lazy and trying to break out of this bad behavior as quickly as possible.
8. I've lost 80 pounds over the last year but still have a lot to lose. I'm looking into joining a gym to get my butt back in shape.
9 I'm so out of shape right now I'm really worried about how well I'll do at ComicCon next week but I'm really going to try and push myself.
10. I have fibromyalgia. a debilitating illness where the spinal fluid carries too many pain receptors and makes us feel like we're in constant pain in every muscle of our bodies. I fight hard to keep mine under control and try to never use it as a crutch.
Well, there's a very benign entry for my first blog back. I'm sure they'll pick up and be more challenging as I continue.
Thanks for reading!